Thursday, May 27, 2010

Celtic Fest

On Mother's Day we hopped a train into the city to attend Celtic Fest. Last year, the boys and Patrick went, but I didn't get to go, because I was busy pregnant and hurling. We had a great train ride. No pics of that though. We loved the Irish dancers! No pics of that though. The boys played golf and jumped in a bounce house. No pics of that though. We had an awesome picnic, it was a beautiful day, and we heard a great storyteller while we ate. No pics of that.

Aiden and the Beanstalk
Photobucket



Anthony and the Bean
Photobucket



Abby was quite unimpressed by the Bean
Photobucket



We loved listening to the pipes!
Photobucket



It was fun to watch and teach the boys a little about the music of our heritage.
Photobucket



Last year Aiden begged me to ride on the ferris wheel at Navy Pier with him. It was winter, freezing, and the ferris wheel wasn't running. I made him a promise that we would do it together that summer. Summer came and I was pregnant with Abby. Needless to say, I had to break a promise, I couldn't take him up in the ferris wheel. I cried over it. I do Not like breaking promises to my children! On Mother's Day, I made good on that promise!
Photobucket



Aiden loved it!!! Man that thing gets high!
Photobucket



A sweet family picture!
Photobucket



Then, we visited the Children's Museum. Once again Abby was not very impressed.
Photobucket



We didn't realize how late it was and only had fifteen minutes in the museum before it closed. Yet, we still managed to become firefighters for a brief moment.
Photobucket



A wonderful Mother's Day thanks to my sweet boys (including Patrick) and my sweet girl! But by the end of the day, we were tired!
Photobucket

No comments: