Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Picture

I have beautiful maternity pictures with Aiden. I was alot younger looking then! I never had pictures made when I was pregnant with Colin. I was on bed rest. For some reason though, I do not even have pictures we took ourselves. I don't know why. I do not have any pictures documenting my pregnancy with Colin. I have always regretted that. I "resolved" that issue when I was pregnant with Abby. I took belly pictures every week with her. I never got professional maternity pictures though, because I got put on bed rest and placed in the hospital.

Today, we had family pictures made. Me, pregnant, surrounded by my three beautiful children and my handsome husband. That was sweet. We took individual pictures of the three munchkins. They are cute as a button. Then, the photographer took a picture of me and I'm holding my very big round belly in my two hands and I'm looking down at this life inside of me and my face is beaming with joy. The picture is "the" picture. I looked up and saw it on the screen and tears formed in my eyes as my sweet Father in heaven whispered in my ear, "beauty from ashes Angie." It's as if He wants to redeem every part of my regret and pain one moment at a time, in a very intimate dance with me. What kind of love is that?

We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way...
He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves


Photobucket

No comments: