This is my 100th post. There is a tradition in blogging to do a post containing 100 things about me. I'm very into tradition!!!
100 Things About Angie
1. My full name is Angela Beth Chaney Bailey. Please call me Angie.
2. I accepted Jesus as the Lord and Savior of my life at the age of six.
3. At the age of 12 I was called into full-time Christian ministry at a GA camp.
4. I love cats.
5. I learned to whistle when I was 21 after many years of practice. I still cannot carry a tune while whistling.
6. I can recognize my brother's whistle in a store and find him. I subconsciously listen for it.
7. I have two incredible little boys. They are the light of my life.
8. I have four children in heaven. I can't wait to see them!
9. I am married to the most amazing man in the world, Patrick.
10. I like to the play the piano to relax.
11. I am afraid to play the piano in front of other people.
12. I played the xylophone in high school and other various percussion instruments.
13. I cannot wait to adopt a little girl.
14. I want at least two little girls.
15. I am not good at keeping plants alive. I killed a cactus by forgetting to water it.
16. I took voice lessons in high school and love to sing.
17. I began learning American Sign Language when I was 8 years old.
18. My passion in life is working with children.
19. I love, love, love Vacation Bible School. It gets me jazzed!
20. I have a double Bachelors Degree in Human Development and Family Studies.
21. I have a minor in Substance Abuse Counseling.
22. My Master's is in Christian Education with an emphasis on Children's Ministry.
23. I lived in Japan for two years.
24. I really, really love shoes. It's an issue.
25. I am addicted to the internet. I have to check e-mail and Facebook.
26. I have a routine I go through when I get on the internet. I must check my mail and such in that order every day. Mail, private message boards, blog feeds, and then Facebook.
27. I hate cleaning the George Foreman grill.
28. I did not use any medication when I delivered Aiden.
29. I wish I had used medication when I delivered Anthony. His labor lasted 13 months.
30. If you are really wondering about number 29, you should know that Anthony is adopted.
31. I love playing in the snow.
32. I do not like to be hot, at all, for any reason.
33. I love Veggie Tales. I watched them before I had children.
34. I wear a size 10 shoe.
35. I used to wear a size 9AA. It was very hard to find shoes.
36. My feet grew when I was pregnant with Aiden.
37. I am a stay at home Mom. It's my favorite job ever.
38. I am allergic to caffeine. If I drink it, or eat it, it makes me throw up.
39. Onions give me a migraine.
40. I like to cross stitch, but haven't done so in years. The last time I cross stitched I was making a picture for my nephew Matthew. He died after three weeks and I haven't been able to pick it up since.
41. I love power tools.
42. I've helped build three churches.
43. I tore the ligaments in my ankle building the altar of one of those churches.
44. I've been on the staff of seven churches in varying positions.
45. I still sleep with a stuffed animal, Patrick's Lambie.
46. I have a blankie. I have to have it to sleep. I acquired it three years ago. Don't make fun of it.
47. I have the cutest niece in the whole wide world and she is so much like her Aunt Angie it is scary.
48. I love to read. I used to get in trouble for staying up way past my bedtime reading.
49. I was a honor student in high school.
50. I like to collect cobalt blue jars.
51. Only one of my grandparents, my Mema, is still alive. I miss the others, especially my Pepa.
52. I deal with depression and take prescription medication to help.
53. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and it affects my life alot, but I try not to let others know. The medication I take for depression helps the IBS.
54. I would love to go bungee jumping.
55. I ate a live termite once, in a rain forest, just so I could say I did.
56. I've been to Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Mexico, Hungary, Germany, Romania, and Trinidad on mission trips.
57. I need to renew my passport. It's still in my maiden name.
58. I want to get my children a passport.
59. I believe that you cannot, as a Christian, say that you are truly ready to do anything God calls you to do, unless you have a valid passport. I stole this statement from Jim Smith.
60. I am currently a church planter. We are missionaries through the North American Mission Board. We are working in conjunction with Illinois Baptist State Association and Fox Valley Association to begin a college ministry and a church in Sugar Grove.
61. I love McDonald's french fries.
62. In Japan my nickname was heine geijin (strange foreigner) because I would eat anything they put in front of me and I liked it!
63. I ate one thing in Japan that I never want to see again. It was cheese made out of squid's ink. It was so incredibly disgusting.
64. I want to visit Ireland.
65. I have a hard time believing I am worth anything. I struggle with this alot.
66. Because of 65 I have a hard time believing God loves me. But He does and it's miraculous.
67. I like to sleep with lots of covers on me and the room really, really cold.
68. I had a near death experience during one of my miscarriages.
69. I really love going to Build a Bear. I had my 30th birthday there.
70. My life verse is Luke 2:52, "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men." This tells me that we should be concerned about the entire realm of a child's development. Wisdom = mental development, stature = physical development, favor with God = spiritual development, and favor with men = social development.
71. I sleep on my tummy.
72. I cannot see out of my left eye, making depth perception difficult.
73. When I was eight or nine I prayed that God would give me a red headed child. I forgot that prayer until the doctor announced, "Look at that red hair!" as Aiden was born. God answers prayers.
74. Sometime I feel like God takes too long to answer prayers, even though I know His timing is perfect.
75. I really hate for my food to touch. I usually eat all of one thing on my plate before starting on something else. I eat what I like the least first and save the best for last.
76. I like the challenge of decorating a cake. I just wish I was faster at it.
77. Genetic testing proved that I do not have TRAPS like Aiden. However, I still have a lot of the symptoms. Patrick and I really believe there is something to that.
78. I love big cities. I love, love, love big cities!
79. I like attending theatrical productions. So far my favorite has been Les Miserables.
80. I love Irish dancing. I would love to see Riverdance again.
81. I wish I had learned gymnastics or ballet as a child.
82. I wore an engagement ring made out of duct tape for four months while my real ring was being made. I love that duct tape ring.
83. I love my wedding ring because the diamond in it belonged to my grandmother and 1/2 of the gold belonged to Patrick and 1/2 of it belonged to me. We made it that way as a symbol of the two becoming one. His ring is also made from our gold.
84. I dream vivid, colorful dreams and can remember them. Usually they are not pleasant.
85. I cannot sleep if Patrick is not here.
86. I married a man that is four years younger than me. I robbed the cradle. I would do it again in a heartbeat, because he's worth all the jokes.
87. I like to play games on the computer.
88. I really hate going to the doctor. That has gotten better since I am trying to set a good example for my children, especially Aiden, who sees lots of doctors.
89. I have a dimple under my right eye where I fell and had to have stitches when I was three.
90. When I was two I flushed my glasses down the toilet.
91. I collect bouncy balls.
92. I love cheese.
93. Each of my Christmas ornaments has a story and I can tell you all of them.
94. I am the scheduler in our family. I have to keep track of where everyone, especially Patrick, is supposed to be or we don't end up there.
95. I am slightly anal and OCD. I really like order.
96. I really strive to raise my children where they will not have the fears and hangups that I do.
97. When I was little I wanted to be a pilot, but my eyesight was a hindrance.
98. I like goofy movies like Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs,and Airplane.
99. I can type fast and I spell well. Therefore, I proofread the majority of Patrick's seminary papers.
100. I started blogging to share my life with friends and family. It's been an amazing 100 posts! Here's to 100 more!!!