Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Pumpkins

Over two weeks ago we began our walk to school as normal. I was pushing Abby in the stroller, Anthony and Aiden were walking beside me. The house across the street had recently decorated for fall. It looks beautiful! Aiden noticed it and asked, "Mommy can we get some pumpkins for our house?" I was admittedly distracted. I responded, "not right now" and hurried the boys along because we were running late.

This conversation continued the next morning and the next morning. Have I mentioned we walk to school three out of five days? Every morning Aiden would ask. Throw in a bad attitude on my part. I was worried about money. Really, really worried about money. We are seriously strapped financially right now, in an unexpected way, due to some large unexpected "life" incidents. I was trying to figure out in my head how on Earth I was going to get my baby a pumpkin. I couldn't figure it out and I was frustrated! I blurted out, almost angrily, "Aiden, if you want a pumpkin, talk to God about it, because we just don't have the money right now!" I instantly regretted it and apologized for my harsh words. Aiden said, "that's okay Mommy, I'll pray." He did. Right then. As we walked to school. It was the most beautiful, simple prayer for a pumpkin.

Tomorrow, Aiden and I are going on a field trip with his Kindergarten class. We are going to a farm. I was reading the information and it says that each student will get a pumpkin when they leave. I wish right here is where I could say my son schooled me in faith. I can't. I was relieved, but not satisfied. That's not what Aiden wanted. He wanted several pumpkins to decorate the front porch with. I got even worse! I tried and tried to figure out how I could buy him some pumpkins. I got more and more anxious about it. I got more and more frustrated. But, I thought, well, at least God is sort of going to answer his prayer.

Yesterday, Patrick and I were gone from home the majority of the day. When we came home I opened our front door to look outside for something. (We never go out our front door. We always go through the garage.) This is what I found.

Photobucket

I have no idea who placed them there, but I do know WHO they came from. I believe God does not want me to know. If you placed them there and you are reading this, thank you for being a servant for Him! He desires to bless us, more than we can even imagine. I wish I could just get out of the way and let Him do it, His way.

Aiden has not seen them yet. I cannot wait to show them to him and to tell him how God answered his prayer in a big way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the faith of a child