Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wet Wednesday

Our twist on our water theme today started with making a sun catcher. We used a plain white coffee filter and some markers. The children colored on the coffee filter with the markers. Anthony chose purple, Aiden chose red, and Abby chose pink. No surprises there! When they had finished coloring their artwork I gave them a spray bottle and they sprayed the filter. The markers run together and make a beautiful watercolor effect.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


While our sun catchers were drying I gave each of the little people a couple of paint brushes and a cup filled with water. I told them we were going to paint the sidewalk and the house. They thought I was crazy, but then I started talking to them about what color they were painting with in their imagination. it was really neat to see what they thought up. Aiden wanted to pain our bench red. I've been wanting to repaint that bench for a while now, I may just paint it red!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I remember doing this in Vacation Bible School when I was three. The memory of that hot Texas sun beating down while I busily painted the sidewalk has never left me. I loved doing it with my own babies.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Time to come in for dinner, but our suncatchers are so pretty in our kitchen window!
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: