Saturday, April 25, 2009

March for Babies 2009

Once again we participated in the March for Babies 2009. This year was different for me, for once I wasn't walking with the thought of having future biological children. I got really sad and began crying. Aiden comforted me by telling me "It's okay Mommy, I miss Colin too." Amazingly perceptive that little one is! For the first time ever I questioned why we were walking. I was feeling sad that the "research" we were walking to support hadn't worked for us.

We're about to start.
Photobucket

We've started!
Photobucket

We walked about five miles. We chose this walk because the website said it was 3 miles and all of the others around us said they were six miles. The website lied! :)
Photobucket

The boys walked alot of it. Somewhere around here I asked Patrick, "What's the point?" I was really upset by this point. Then, Patrick pointed to the boys and said, "We're walking for our grandchildren Angie." He is so right. It all came flooding back into perspective. I never want my children to go through the pain of losing a child.
Photobucket

We finished!!! We are thrilled that we raised over $300 this year! Thank you for all of your support!
Photobucket

No comments: